Freight Rates, Allowance and Billing
Freight rates include standard delivery, lift gate delivery, call before notifications, and residential delivery when notated on the Purchase Order. Should shipments require any other special handling (off-loading, inside delivery, union delivery, etc…), those charges will be invoiced to the Customer after services are provided.
Freight terms apply to shipments within the 48 contiguous states (Continental U.S.). Any shipment destined outside of the Continental U.S. is forwarded freight “Collect” (payable by the recipient) for the portion beyond the destination ocean shipping point/port.
All Florence product shipments are via common carrier or by parcel carrier ground service. Shipments under 70 lbs. typically ship via UPS. Shipments over 70 lbs. typically ship by LTL Carrier of the manufacturer’s choice.
Returned Goods Eligibility
In-stock products will be accepted for return within 60 days of invoice date with a 30% restock charge. Outbound freight is not credited as part of the return. Return freight charges are the responsibility of the Customer, unless expressed otherwise in writing.
Returns due to a BathX error in processing or manufacturing will be accepted for standard or nonstandard product. If a return is the result of manufacturer defect – costs associated with the original product and outbound freight will be credited and restock fees will not apply.
Non-standard product cannot be returned for credit; including engraved products. The only exceptions are manufacturing defects or errors which will be handled as previously defined.
Shipment Inspection and Freight Claims
Customer is responsible for inspecting shipments thoroughly upon receipt. As a service to Customer, the manufacturer may file a freight claim on Customer’s behalf if the loss or damage is noted at the time of delivery and under the following terms and conditions:
1. Carrier used must have been selected by Manufacturer and not third party billed.
2. Recipient of the goods included in shipment must:
- Make a visual inspection of the product and cartons and clearly note the physical condition of cartons included in the delivery
- Sign the carrier’s delivery receipt as “short” or “damaged”. Notations must specifically identify the carton and/or product damage upon delivery and in the presence of the delivering carrier. i. For example – “one carton punctured”…”one carton dented on front side”… “delivery receipt shows six boxes, only received five”
- Refuse damaged product. Refuse only damaged item – not the entire shipment. i. NOTE: If damaged product is accepted – contact BathX within 10 business days of receipt with claim details.
- Retain product in location where shipment was received. Do not move the product to another location or claim will not be filed.
- Communicate shipment shortage/damage to BathX within 10 days of delivery